Re: [Evolution-hackers] Some suggestion for the future evolution

> I recall that the original plan for indexing was to use Medusa, but it
> never progressed far enough to be reliable.  I'm trying to get it ready
> for a GNOME 2.6 release.  When it is ready, you might want to re
> consider it.  As it uses DB1, I feel that Evo should wait until a better
> indexing/filesystem service is available.  Seth Nickell and Rodrigo Moya
> have suggested Medusa switch to a real SQL-based engine, and at that
> time, it would be a suitable candidate indexing Evo's data.

Medusa was only going to cover mail content anyway.  Indexing of
calendar data is more application specific and probably not a good fit
for that kind of indexer.  e.g. even if we used medusa to index mail,
we'd still need mail summaries since they contain different information.