Re: [Evolution-hackers] Evolution Ideas for Future

On Tue, 2003-07-15 at 23:09, Not Zed wrote:
> Looks quite like a souped-up summary in a separate window.

What I would like is a stripped-down summary.  For example, if the
buttons on the lower left (to switch components) were moved (or turned
into tabs - or whatever), use that area (lower left) to show a short
list of upcoming items in the calendar.  That way, a quick glance -
while reading mail - would let you know where you were schedule-wise.

> I'm not so keen on this one.  Mainly because its already a bit of a task
> fitting enough useful information in the list for it to be usable.  And
> then you also have the user-interface ambiguity of which pane is
> currently active etc.  e.g. see the way unfocussed message-lists still
> display the selected message which matches the one displayed below.

Whether it's a separate window, or as described above, what I'm looking
for would never need focus - it would never become "active".  No user
input, just display of information.  To make changes, or get a "complete
view", the user would have to switch to the calendar component view.

Here's another idea for with a similar "quick schedule overview"
result.  Have the calendar/todo component(s) place an icon in the
gnome/kde "tray" that - on mouseover - would pop-up a window with the
next 3-5 appointments and 3-5 todos.

TTFN,
Lonnie Borntreger