Re: [Evolution] Re: [Evolution-hackers] Evolution 2.0 UI proposal

On Fri, 2003-07-11 at 07:09, Enver ALTIN wrote:
> Looks fairly good.
>
> What about completely seperating that stuff to multiple toplevel
> windows? So we could drag an e-mail message to the calendar window and
> create a meeting entry. And dragging the entry to the tasks window can
> create a new task entry, or even, vice-versa.
>
> In the current design, I don't see any usable way of achieving this; if
> you see such a feature something useful, though.

Hmm that's a good point, although I am not sure how to fix this.

Possible solutions (although I am not quite happy with any of them):

      * When you drag an item over one of the mail/calendar/contacts
        button, the list of available folders for that type pops up and
        you can drop your item there.

      * Right-click "Send To" menu.

Everything else failing, I guess the user can still resort to cut &
paste though.

-- Ettore