Re: [Evolution-hackers] building evolution from source.

I had the exact same problem, and managed to solve it.

The problem is due to some internal functions in glib 1.x having different
return values than the same functions in glib 2.x. So for some reason you
have evolution linking to both glib 1.x and glib 2.x. In my case it was due
to soup. Soup was linked to glib 1.x as I had not updated it.

Look at the evolution Make file and figure out why you are linking to glib 1.x

Hope that helps. The actual call that fails is the gnome_vfs_init which tests
for the existence of ~/.gnome. When it tries to get the path, the
g_build_pathv function returns NULL.

Hope that helps.

Naren