RE: [Evolution-hackers] Evolution on RH8.0

Title: RE: [Evolution-hackers] Evolution on RH8.0

Mark, thanks for the reply.

I ran "rpm -qf evolution" and the response was that evolution was not owned by any RPM.

As for install location, I used Red Carpet to install it, which put the files in the default location(s).  When I run "locate evolution" I find files installed in several locations so I don't know how to really answer the question of "where?".  I did add the path to the library (I assume that's the directory you were talking about?) to the /etc/ld.so.conf file but it didn't help.

I don't know enough about the libraries so I'll trust your judgement.  Besides, I don't know if the package provided the library or not...just that the library is referenced in the error message:

"evolution: error while loading shared libraries: libdb.so.2: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory"

I do have gnome-libs 1.4.1.7 installed.

So, any more suggestion?  I'm at a loss here...

Thanks again,

Rik