Re: [Evolution-hackers] Settings crash on OpenBSD

On Mon, 2003-02-03 at 06:06, Dan Winship wrote:
> > ** WARNING **: could not find widget creation function
> >
> > ** WARNING **: could not find widget creation function
> >
> > Gtk-WARNING **: invalid cast from `GtkLabel' to `EOptionMenu'
>
> Looks like it's trying to load a .glade file that doesn't match what the
> binary is expecting. My guess is that you have two versions of
> libsomething.so installed but only one copy of its .glade files
> (corresponding to the newer .so), and evo is linked against the the
> older .so.

So close...

It's loading the right .glade file, in this case "e-folder-list.glade",
but for some reason it's choking on the creation functions in it (hence
the two "could not find widget creation function" warnings that match
'create_custom_optionmenu' and 'create_custom_folder_list' in the glade
file).  The following warnings and errors and ultimate segfault can all
be traced to this.

Any thoughts now?  I understand that OpenBSD isn't really a suppported
system and that you have no idea of what twists that OpenBSD may be
throwing or even how I may have screwed up my system :) but if "libglade
not finding creation functions" has a ring of familiarity, any bread
crumbs would be useful...

BTW, this is the only place where this happens.  I can move around
Evolution with abandon and nothing else will crash it like this.

Thanks,
Marc