Re: [Evolution-hackers] Evo icons and images

On Mër , 2003-12-17 at 11:48, Ross Burton wrote:
> On Wed, 2003-12-17 at 16:14, Ross Burton wrote:
> > On Wed, 2003-12-17 at 16:07, Rodney Dawes wrote:
> > > Jakub and Tuomas have been moving icons to the gnome-icon-theme module
> > > for some time now. However, it still requires a lot of code. And there
> > > is a bounty on it:
>
> I've had a quick look at the code -- does a first draft changing EPixmap
> so that it uses the gtk-icon-theme first and if that fails uses the
> current lookup scheme sound good? Mainly this allows the code to use a
> blend of stock icons and custom icons without too much effort.
>
> Ross

Use the gnome-icon-theme implementation in libgnomeui so that it stays
compatible with gnome 2.4 for now, I think. We have not made a decision
on if/when to strictly switch to the GNOME 2.6/GTK+ 2.3 APIs as we have
to deal with customers as well. Hopefully we can figure that out soon.
But for the time being, I think using the libgnomeui implementation in
GNOME 2.2/2.4 is the best thing.

-- dobey