Re: [Evolution-hackers] User directory layout for 2.0
- From: Rodrigo Moya <rodrigo ximian com>
- To: Not Zed <notzed ximian com>
- Cc: Ettore Perazzoli <ettore ximian com>, Evolution Hackers Mailing List <evolution-hackers ximian com>
- Subject: Re: [Evolution-hackers] User directory layout for 2.0
- Date: Sat, 23 Aug 2003 13:47:20 +0200
On Fri, 2003-08-22 at 16:55 -0400, Not Zed wrote:
> On Fri, 2003-08-22 at 12:48, Ettore Perazzoli wrote:
> > Here are my thoughts on how to organize Evolution's data in 2.0.
> > First of all, we need to move the root directory to a hidden place;
> > so instead of storing everything under ~/evolution we should store
> > everything under ~/.evolution. (Yeah, finally. :-))
> Having it configurable via an environmental variable is useful, not only
> for testing multiple configurations, but also for multiple profiles.
can't we have Evolution manage those profiles? We can have a default
one, using ~/.evolution, and then have the user be able to create new
profiles from the UI. Then, when starting Evo, if there is more than the
default profile, let the user select which one she wants.
That's what netscape did, iirc.
] [Thread Prev