Re: [Evolution-hackers] Calendars and Tasks integration

A couple of comments from the peanut gallery:

On Mon, 2003-08-18 at 11:36, Ettore Perazzoli wrote:
> The simple way to do it would be to do it like Apple iCal does it; you
> just integrate calendars and tasks in the same object.  I.e. you don't
> have "calendar" or "tasks" folders, but you just have "calendar and
> tasks" folders that can contain both.

That would fit my workstyle better. And 'recurring tasks' would be
handy, if the integration goes deeper than just the UI (fertilize the
plants once every four weeks, pay rent, etc. There are bunch of examples
I could supply here) -- basically, I want things automatically added to
my to-do list on a regular basis, and they're (conceptually, in my head
at least), not calendar items as they aren't meetings or hard events
that *have* to occur at a specific date or time.

I'll give the usability gurus the last word on the suggestion, though.

[...]
> On the other hand, there might be a few issues with this:
>       * UI.  We still want to have the task-only table-based list;
>         however, it might not make sense as a stand-alone component
>         anymore.

I'd really like to have a table view of my calendar, mixing in to-do
items and hard date items. With a time-to-complete field in the tasks (I
think Outlook has that, been so long since I've used it, I can't rightly
recall), the merging/sorting of calendar items and todo items can also
be done (assuming an 8-hour day -- yeah right, like I've ever been that
lucky :-).)

Just some thoughts.

Ray