Re: [Evolution-hackers] server-side rule notes

On Mon, 2003-08-11 at 03:18, Vlad Harchev wrote:
> On Fri, Aug 08, 2003 at 12:56:01PM -0400, Dan Winship wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> Just a few not important corrections:
> >       * Numeric fields
> >               * Procmail and Sieve have no relational operator support.
> >                 (There is a Sieve extension to support it though.)
>
> Procmail can compare message size in conditions, like
>     * < 16384
> means 'if message is smaller than 16k'.

FWIW sieve also has the same    "size :under 16K"

But I think what Dan was referring to is the way evo builds some filters
out of general comparison and data-fetching primitives, rather than
pre-defined comparison operators.  There's a chance it will change this
to be based on pre-defined comparison things anyway since it might make
mapping to different backends easier, e.g. IMAP's "SMALLER" search
attribute, for vFolders/searches (which share common code with filters).

e.g. we currently do something like

 (< (get "size") 16384)

> >       * Mailing List
> >               * Only supported natively by Evolution, but anything that
> >                 supports header regex matching could be taught how to
> >                 recognize a particular list.
>
> Not sure what you've ment by this, Procmail has hardcoded regexp that matches
> messages from lists and daemons - it's IMHO even more useful than just
> 'is message from mailing list' predicate since it lets to store all
> non-private emails sent by humans (or broken spamming software) to different
> folder.

Evo has a set of mailing list-snooping regex's that are used to generate
a specific token which is then used for filtering (and vFoldering - it
is more useful for vFolders since we store the token in memory w/o
having to store all headers).  So it is more general than just 'from
mailing list', its 'is from this specific mailing list'.