Re: [Evolution-hackers] Re: gnome-panel calendar integration was Re: [Evolution-hackers] summary, gdeskcal ideas

Rodrigo Moya wrote:
On Thu, 2003-08-07 at 21:01, William Jon McCann wrote:
Rodrigo Moya wrote:
On Wed, 2003-08-06 at 19:46, William Jon McCann wrote:
<snip>
for editing, you'll have to activate the
OAFIID:GNOME_Evolution_Calendar_CompEditorFactory component and use the
editNew and editExisting methods on it.

You can see an example of it at create_component(), in
calendar/gui/calendar-component.c.

Boy, that was pretty easy once I knew the APIs to use. Thanks for your help. It now does just about everything that I want it to... except for one thing, how can I change the date in the editor after calling editNew?
you can't.

So is there any way for me to start an event editor with an arbitrary date set?

If not could one be added? Forgive me if I have no idea what I'm talking about... but perhaps, something like editNew but that also takes start and end datetimes?

void editNewFor (in string uri, in CompEditorMode mode,
                 in CalComponentDateTime dtstart,
                 in CalComponentDateTime dtend)
              raises (InvalidURI, BackendContactError, UnsupportedType);

That does something like:

gnome_calendar_new_appointment_for (GnomeCalendar *cal,
                                    time_t dtstart, time_t dtend,
                                    gboolean all_day,
                                    gboolean meeting)

Thanks,