[Evolution-hackers] OO.o addressbook integration ...

Hi guys,

	I'm just fighting addressbook integration in OO.o - my problem is that
in order to use LDAP data sources I have to link to mozilla.
Unfortunately, the required mozilla is a heavily patched version that we
can't possibly ship [ binning profile locking, mangling up some of the
innards, etc. ] - [1].

	So - what I'm hoping is, that Chris' new Addressbook API - will allow
me to do:

	a) get list of LDAP / Exchange / local contacts
	b) execute LDAP style queries on the remote sources

	All with the nice new thread-safe API. It's fairly possible to
integrate the glib mainloop with OO.o - so, I'm hoping that I can then
write a single, pleasant evolution plugin, and bin the reams of grim
mozilla integration code permanently.

	Does that fit with what we can do in the new version ? and/or can I get
a list of all the Exchange/local/LDAP contacts - and can I get at them
all using this new API ? and if not, where can I hack ? :-)

	Thanks,

		Michael.

[1] - FWIW. the OO.o CVS includes 50Mb or so of zipped per-platform
      binary of their own mozilla builds ;-(
--
 michael ximian com  <><, Pseudo Engineer, itinerant idiot