[Evolution-hackers] Evolution contacts don't retain experimental vcard fields?

I've been working on importing a variety of vcards into Evolution.  However,
I've noticed that any 'experimental' fields are not retained by Evolution.
Example:

I import this vcard:

BEGIN:VCARD

FN:Test Experimental
N;INITIALS=E.T.:Experimental;Test
UID:00000000322B025AEE8D2A4096B10A8138BF9E01A4AB2502
X-TEST-GENDER:Male
END:VCARD

with X-TEST-GENDER as the experimental field.

When I export it I get:

BEGIN:VCARD
VERSION:2.1
X-EVOLUTION-FILE-AS:Experimental, Test
FN:Test Experimental
N:Experimental;Test
UID:pas-id-3F32C8DF00000199
END:VCARD

Is there any way to avoid this data loss, or is it a result of the libversit
vcard parsing library?  The goal is to get it work programatically via the
CORBA interfaces as well, but when that didn't work I started trying
import/export by hand, but with the same data loss result.

Cheers.

-Patrick