[Evolution-hackers] making contacs more useful

Hi

Like most of the people out there using evolution, the evolution
Contacts is my primary database of contacts. I even print it from time
to time to keep a printed phone list ( to keep the list shorter I have a
Phone group )

However, there are other applications which implement contacts and I
re-enter them again in a lot of places. For example, gnome-meeting and
gaim. Would be great to have these cooperate.

For start, what do you think about adding these fields to contacts:
* a video conference URL ( e.g. callto://... )
* instant messenger ( choose protocol and enter account ID ).

Next, when browsing contacts, have more options on right click:
* Video conference
* Instant message
* E-mail

I don't know if listing these with right click is the best option, as
the list may grow.

A plugin system with more ways of contacting would also be nice, e.g.
'Send SMS' ( which would call an application with cell phone as
parameter ).

Another idea : a gnome instant messenger could use evolution contacts
instead of managing the contacts itself. On start read the evolution
contacts database instead of it's own ( this way one doesn't have to
enter contacts again in the instant messenger ).

Gnome-meeting could do the same, but it might be better to drop Address
book completely and add people from it directly to evolution.

Your thoughts?

--
Marius Andreiana
Soluţii informatice bazate pe Linux / Linux-based IT solutions