Re: [Evolution-hackers] Re: about evolution imap local email storage

On Thu, 2003-04-17 at 14:39, henry jia wrote:
> Hi, all,
>
> This feature of storing the mails read is good for the offline support.
> But it is a serious issue for the users with a lot of mail. In an
> enterprise enviroment, people always share the file server. We can image
> what will happen when they store they mails on the server. If a person
> has 10,000 mails and each mail is 100K. Then he'll use 2G (twice of the
> storage of mail server) to store. This always happens. I heard a lot of
> such things.

Enterprise have different mechanisms available to them anyway.

e.g. mail delivery via /var/mail, via nfs, to nfs mounted home
directories.  or via pop to nfs mounted home directories.  via access to
remote dumb ('thin') clients using X, off a server, etc etc.

In few cases is imap ever a suitable protocol in an enterprise
environfment.