[Evolution-hackers] about evolution imap local email storage

Hello, NotZed
I have some questions about imap local email storage. I found evolution will copy every readed email's source and its html body to local. so if I have 1 GB emails on server, I would have 2 GB emails in local imap storage. I think it is a very serious problem. Why did evolution copy every readed email to local? Could we remove this bad feature? I think we should leave emails on server instead of copy it at local, that is why we using IMAP. I know this feature will be helpful when evolution switch to offline, but evolution have another feature which can allow user download every email from server before switch evolution to offline. I suggest this issue should be solved before evolution 1.4 release. I have seen your and fejj's comment on bug #21894. When will you begin solving this issue?
Best regards
Antonio Xu