[Evolution-hackers] Difficulties compiling Bonobo and such...

I'm working on compiling everything myself. Here is what I have installed
so far as well as the order that I did things in. Everything was taken
out of CVS except for a couple of things.

glib-1.2.7
gtk+-1.2.7
imlib-1.9.8
popt (this did not install anything, why?)
libunicode-0.4
audiofile-0.1.9
esound-0.2.18
ORBit-0.5.1
gnome-libs-1.0.61
gnome-xml-2.1.0
libgtop-1.0.8
gdk-pixbuf-0.7.0
w3c-libwww-5.2.8
gnome-print-0.13

When I do 'autogen.sh --prefix=/opt', I get a whole bunch of lines like
this:

Running ./configure --enable-maintainer-mode --enable-compile-warnings --prefix=/home/sjhill/local ...
Makefile.am:21: variable `INTLLIBS' not defined
bonobo/Makefile.am:21: variable `GNOME_LIBDIR' not defined
bonobo/Makefile.am:21: variable `GDK_PIXBUF_LIBS' not defined
bonobo/Makefile.am:21: variable `GNOMEUI_LIBS' not defined
bonobo/Makefile.am:6: variable `GNOME_LIBS' not defined
bonobo/Makefile.am:21: variable `INTLLIBS' not defined
bonobo/Makefile.am:21: variable `GNOME_LIBDIR' not defined
bonobo/Makefile.am:21: variable `GDK_PIXBUF_LIBS' not defined
bonobo/Makefile.am:21: variable `GNOMEUI_LIBS' not defined
bonobo/Makefile.am:6: variable `GNOMEGNORBA_LIBS' not defined

Some of these are defined in '*.sh' files residing in /opt/lib. Could
someone explain how things are supposed to fit together and give me
some insight on compiling? Thanks.

-Steve

--
 Steven J. Hill - Embedded SW Engineer
 Public Key: 'finger sjhill mail cotw com'