Re: [Evolution-hackers] Mail interface question

> > This might make for some nice integration with mailing lists,
> > and if the gnome lists supported it, it might catch on with
> > other lists.
> (pronounced not to hard to design).  I guess one could whip up some
> gnome-friendly patches for mailman so libMailList (or whatever it's named)
> could know what version of mailman it was up against and thus expect
> "standardised" mailman responses.
> Hell, I guess you could even make it parse the headers, establish this was a
> mailman list, scan the footer for a standard "Mailman style URL" and do it
> automagically if you wanted to get really cocky! :)

FYI, RFC 2369 specifies a standardized set of mail headers for mailing
list software to use to explain itself to mail programs. Check out
http://www.imc.org/rfc2369 or your favorite other RFC mirror. It works
like:

or

There's also List-Help, List-Subscribe, List-Owner, List-Post, and
List-Archive. (There is not a "List-ID" sort of "hi, I'm a key to set
up a filter based on" sort of header though.)

-- Dan