RE: [Evolution-hackers] Mail interface question

> Then a right click option on that folder could be to unsubscribe or
> visit the archives.
> This might make for some nice integration with mailing lists,
> and if the gnome lists supported it, it might catch on with
> other lists.

If one was to use something like libghttp or nanohttp from gnome-xml (or
whatever the latest preferred gnome compliant way to get and send and grok
HTML is), integration into the standard mailman structure would be simple
(pronounced not to hard to design).  I guess one could whip up some
gnome-friendly patches for mailman so libMailList (or whatever it's named)
could know what version of mailman it was up against and thus expect
"standardised" mailman responses.

Even by adding some HTML output into mailman, like:
	<!--libMailList.mailmanVersion:2.0beta3-->
	<!--libMailList.description:A list about fish-->
	etc
would make parsing the output from something like Mailman even easier....
Am I still making sense?

Then, by just feeding the "folder" the Mailman URL and clicking a checkbox
that says "this is a mailman list, remember this URL forever" means that
alot of features for alot of mailing lists (mailman is gaining ground over
things like majordomo rather rapidly) could be integrated rather fast....

Hell, I guess you could even make it parse the headers, establish this was a
mailman list, scan the footer for a standard "Mailman style URL" and do it
automagically if you wanted to get really cocky! :)

Just my 0.02ukpounds ;)

	-Darran
	 Digital Science Limited