[evince] Evince Document Viewer 3.28.4 & Fillable PDF

I was able to use EDV (on Ubuntu 18.04.1) to fill out my 2018 IRS tax forms (fillable .pdf).
Everything seemed to work fine.  I was able to enter text, save the .pdf file, re-open with
text saved as expected, re-edit, re-save, and print to printer.

BUT . . .

When I then use Adobe Acrobat Reader DC (on W10) to view the files saved by EDV, the fill-text
is not displayed!  Not even after clicking on the field.  If I then save the file under Acrobat Reader,
the text originally entered/saved via EDV is lost when reviewed under EDV.

Can someone please explain what's going on?