[evince] Printing problem: Multiple copies and collate causes disabled stitching (Printing A5 booklet with A5 pages)

Dear Evince folks,

I created a booklet with Scribus, that consists of A5 pages. Now I am trying to print multiple copies as a booklet with Evince 3.28.2 on a Canon iR-ADV C5235, which has as a stapling unit. The documentation for Evince [1] doesn’t work in this case, as that seems to be for downscaling A4 paper by printing two pages on one A4 page.

The following options need to be selected to get it to work with *one* copy.

1.  Page Handling
    a)  Page Scaling: None
    b)  Select page size using document page size
        Otherwise the A5 page is scaled to A6 :(

2.  Finishing
    a)  Booklet Printing: On

    a)  Finishing: Collate
    b)  Staple: Saddle Stitch

But printing for example two copies, unless I select *Collate* in the General section, there is only one booklet consisting of all pages in the wrong order, that means, page 1 and 1, then 2 and 2, and so on.

So the *collate* in the *Advanced* tab is meaningless, but if I select *Collate* in *General*, the booklets are neither folded nor stapled.

Is the print dialog of Evince a general dialog, and the error has to be reported there, or do you already know that it’s a driver issue?

Kind regards,

Paul

[1]: https://help.gnome.org/users/evince/stable/print-booklet.html