Re: [evince] How can I erase evince's memory of a document's settings?

On Sat, 2018-07-21 at 18:02 -0500, Jason Crain wrote:
On Wed, Jul 11, 2018 at 12:02:50PM -0400, Alan Stern wrote:
Therefore I would like to erase those settings and start
fresh.  The
question is how to do so -- there doesn't appear to be any
way.  "gio
remove" will get rid of the file's entry in the "Recent Documents"
screen, but when I go ahead and open it again, evince behaves the
same
faulty way.

The per-file settings are stored as GVFS metadata. You can view them
with `gio info file.pdf`. You can delete the settings with for
example
`gio set -t unset file.pdf metadata::evince::page`. I don't think
there's a simple way to unset them all at once, but you could unset
any
that look problematic or create a script that unsets each one.

The problematic ones could be:

  metadata::evince::window_height
  metadata::evince::window_width
  metadata::evince::window_x