[evince] Two window presentation mode

Dear Evince folks,

For a presentation a speaker sometimes wants a two window presentation mode, where one window with the full screen view is on the external monitor/projector, and on the laptop there is a second “monitor window”, where the speaker also sees the current slide – which could be achieved by mirroring the screens – but also shows the preview of the previous and next slide. Normally, displaying comments for slides would also be shown, but I believe that is not possible with PDF presentation. Additionally, the speaker sees the elapsed time, and both windows are synchronized.

1.  Is there a established name for this mode?
2.  I couldn’t find a bug report/feature request. Do you know of one?
3. Is there a reason, Evince shouldn’t implement such a mode besides missing resources? 4. Are there alternative ways to achieve this for PDF presentation. For HTML is for example possible with Pandoc exporting to HTML, where the windows are controlled with JavaScript, for example remark [1].

Kind regards,

Paul

[1] https://remarkjs.com/
Press *c* to open a second window, and then *p* to put that in presentation mode.