From: Joshua Levy
Sent: Monday, April 17, 2017 3:42 PM
To: 'evince-list gnome org' <evince-list gnome org>
Subject: Evince never "comes up": runs for a while and then stops, but never shows a window.

I’m trying to run evince on a SLES12 sp2 Linux machine.

When I run the command or double click on the icon, it thinks for a while, and then exits.

From command line, I’ve tried evince, evince-previewer with no arguments and with the full path of a PDF file.  Same results always.

No error message and I don’t see any messages in any obvious log files.

# rpm -qa | grep evince

evince-lang-3.20.1-5.66.noarch

evince-3.20.1-5.66.x86_64

I build this machine from scratch so I might not have something that evince needs, but ldd does not show any missing libraries.

Any thoughts on what is wrong, or suggestions as to where to look for error messages?

Joshua Levy