[evince] Slow index updates

I've been noticing lately that the thumbnail panel is very slow, sometimes, to fill. And when this happens, I'm unable to scroll through my book. Doesn't happen all the time ... just enough to be annoying. Seems to occur more with large books.

There used to be an option somewhere in evience to do thumbnail updates in the background, I think, but that seems to have disappeared.

I'm using 3.22.0 on Ubuntu 16.10.

Thanks

--
**** Listen to my FREE CD at http://www.mellowood.ca/music/cedars ****