Re: [evince] Question about usability of annotations

On Tue, 2017-12-05 at 16:48 +0100, Paul Menzel wrote:
Dear Evince folks,

At our institute we are using Evince. We noticed that some colleagues
do not know about the annotation feature, and therefore use other
programs like PDF-Xchange [1] on Microsoft Windows over RDP.

Trying Evince, they gave the following feedback about the annotation
feature, and reports for these exist already.

1.  Make it easier to add an annotation (annotation mode [2],
shortcuts [3])
2.  Allow changes the color globally [4][5]

Is there another reason besides the lack of resources, that this
wasn’t implemented yet?

No other reason than having a volunteer steeping up proposing a patch.

Besides [2] which might require some discussion, the other ones should
be approachable by anyone able to build evince. The code for
implementing them mostly lives in shell/*annot*.

--
Germán Poo-Caamaño
http://calcifer.org/