[evince] evince theming problems

Hello to the Evince team,

I've got a feature request here, which obviously affects many users
(solutions involve anything from trying various GTK theme changers, like
those below to using a different PDF viewer):
Flexible theming/color options integration with Xfce/Gnome and GTK.

In Debian, for instance, it seems impossible to apply changes
transparently to evince by applying a different system theme.

Apparently, a white background is somewhat stressful to the eyes during
longer reading sessions in dimmed environments, so being able to
fine-tune background and text colors or theming would be a great benefit.

Trying xfwm4-settings, gtk-chtheme and qtconfig did not have eny effect
on the basic theming of evince, or to subtle color options, which it
should. I don't know, if evince is based on gtk 2 or 3, but changing the
system settings should have any visual effect to depending programs.

So, could you please consider to look into the issue and extend Evince's
functionality where required, to make it integrating better into
desktops like Xfce and/or Gnome, in order to apply system themes and/or
otherwise provide means of changing the UI appearance?

Regards,
buggs