[evince] Evince for e-ink screens (option to disable smooth text please)

Hi,

I am currently experimenting with "the world's first e-ink monitor" :-)
(https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/paperlike-world-s-first-e-ink-monitor-13-3).
It operates best in pure black and white mode. Thus, for best quality
you need to disable smooth font rendering, which looks good on regular
displays but not on the b/w e-ink screen.

The Acrobat Reader has this option under Preferences->Page
Display->Rendering->Smooth Text. But as Acrobat locks opened files, I
cannot use it for TeX.

The PDF-XChange Viewer by Tracker Software also has this option under
Preferences->Rendering->Smoothing. While this viewer can open files
without locking, it is still somewhat useless because with each
automatic reload the scroll position is reset to the top.

How complicated would it be to disable smooth text (and posssibly all
smooth vector rendering) in Evince? As the e-ink monitor only has a
functioning Windows 7 driver so far, I would need a Windows build. I
know a little bit of C programming. So with some hints, I might be able
to do the changes in the source code myself (?).

Thanks,
Linus

PS: Another great feature to support e-ink screens would be the option
to override all font colors with black and all background colors with
white. Both Acrobat and PDF-XChange offer this under
Preferences->Accessibility.