[evince] Evince and Acessibility

Firstly, I'm not subscribed in this mailing list, I'm just contacting users and developers so I can recognize better what is going on with this. If you could give me a light, I would really appreaciate it.

Last week I tested the screen reader Orca, reading some PDF files with Evince. It happens that every content is presented as pure text, or paragraphs. It doesn't read heading levels, it doesn't read alternative text from images, it doesn't read lists as lists, and this is just what I have tested.

In the Orca mailing list we discovered that this is not a problem with the document itself, neither with the screen reader. The same document was tested using other screen readers, of other operating systems, and those recognized heading leves and related. And using Accerciser, it was discovered that the information of (for exemple) heading levesl are not being delivered as such.

Is this a problem with Evince itself? Poppler? Or with ATK and/or AT-SPI?

Is this a known problem? Is there any chance of being developed in the next releases? I would like to help with that, but I'm not software developer, and I still don't program C, so I can't help with code....

Regards,