[evince] Feature request: Option to drop the double shadowing/compositing effect

Hi all,

I would like to request the addition of an option in evince to disable the page-in-window effect, that is the shadows which surround the page of the document that you are viewing at the time. The option should be available to render the page right up to the very edge of the window boundary (similar to lightweight viewers eg mupdf, zathura etc).

Rationale:
When one views a document in a DE with compositing and shadows (eg gnome), the page which is being read is surrounded by two sets of shadows. Not only does this take up space (which isn't my issue here), but it makes reading the page look less 'natural'.

See these examples:

http://postimg.org/image/z3de4693j/

and

http://postimg.org/image/ubcrk7t73/

Hopefully you can see the effect that I'm speaking of: the same document shown in mupdf appears to just sit on the desktop, much like an actual piece of paper sitting on a real desktop. To me it feels easier and more natural to read academic papers, books and even these lecture slides in this setup rather than that provided by evince.

I really like the highlighting (work in progress obviously), printing and CSD functionality in evince so I'm keen to stick with it rather than move back to okular or the lightweights.

Apologies if this has been brought up before, I couldn't find anything.

Also, I do have some other comments and suggestions on the improvement of evince, is this list an appropriate way to relate those to the devs?

Cheers,
Steve