Re: [evince] document viewer evince - rewritten in php? is evince open source?

HI,

sorry for top-answering but, do you really want to re-code evince in php. This sounds impossible from my point of view. If you want to see a pdf in a browser you have three options, use a html canvas (what PDF.js is doing pressumably) or to use chrome (with his internal pdf viewer) or to use a Browser plugin that lets you see the pdf from it. If you really want to work on seeing pdf on your browser and have more control from the page (like being able to interact with the plugin from js or I don't know) then you could try evince browser plugin, which is a plugin based on evince to show content on your browser. Unfortunately it does not work on firefox because last time I checked, firefox didn't support plugins using Gtk3.

Greetings

José