Re: [evince] Need help to start contribution

On Tue, 2015-12-08 at 11:27 +0530, Sitaram Shelke wrote:
Hello everyone,
As suggested I was trying to get familiar with the code. I generated
the Makefile by running "autogen.sh" followed by "make" and "make
install". If I am not wrong this installed evince in my "/usr/bin".
Now when I run evince form terminal (not from /usr/bin) I get
"evince:
error while loading shared libraries: libgnome-desktop-3.so.12:
cannot
open shared object file: No such file or directory". But I am able to
run evince from "/usr/bin". Any Idea what I did wrong?

You have to run it inside jhbuild, which set the environment variables
to make it work without touching the system.

Try:

$ jhbuild run evince

Or:

$ jhbuild shell