[evince] Printing with evince an lp

Hallo,

it's a question just more ore less close to evince...

I have a PDF which is correctly printed by evince, but not with lp(r). I tried a lot of command line arguments without success.

So I would like to know, what happens when a PDF is printed by evince. Is it a lp(r) command which is triggered? Can I find the command line arguments? Or is there a CUPS API used by evince?

It's a PDF of 38mm x 62mm (no standard page size) and it should be printed on a Brother Label Printer QL-570, which is able to cut the label at any length. It does cut at the right length, but the contents is shifted about 20mm if it is printed by lp(r). It's correct if it is printed by evince.

Many thanks for help!
Ulrich

--
Ulrich Goebel