Re: [evince] Width normalizer for Comic Book Archive files

Thank you for your respond, Juanjo Marin.

On Wed, 02 Jul 2014 08:56:34 +0200
Juanjo Marin <juanj marin juntadeandalucia es> wrote:

El 01/07/14 16:38, Genghis Khan escribió:
Hello,

Is there a bug report concerning to this matter yet?

This feature is an option to make width of every image equal.
Such option would be available when View/Continuous is enabled.

Before normalization:

    ----
   |1   |
   |    |
   |    |
    ----

    ----
   |2   |
   |    |
   |    |
   |    |
    ----

 --------
|3       |
|        |
 --------

After normalization:

 --------
|1       |
|        |
|        |
|        |
|        |
|        |
 --------

 --------
|2       |
|        |
|        |
|        |
|        |
|        |
|        |
|        |
 --------

 --------
|3       |
|        |
 --------

Regards,
  --GK

Hi !

  In your example, the portrait pages get bigger in order to get the
same width than the landscape page. In this case, the portrait pages
have bigger fonts, and I'm not quite sure if readers prefer to have
different font sizes in the document.

This is an option that user can disable or enable.  This feature is
good for Scanned Office Documents, Comic Books and Image Galleries.

For instance, if I have a Comic Book Archive of scanned documents in
Letter Paper Format, which is 8.50" x 11.00", and a scanned image of a
Promissory Note, which may have a larger width, all images of Letter
Paper Format would inconveniently appear as follows:

|   --------   |
|  | Letter |  |
|  |        |  |
|  |        |  |
|  |        |  |
|  |        |  |
|   --------   |
|   --------   |
|  | Letter |  |
|  |        |  |
|  |        |  |
|  |        |  |
|  |        |  |
|   --------   |
|  ----------  |
| |  Custom  | |
| |          | |
| |          | |
| |          | |

Without that Promissory Note, the view would be as follow:

|  ----------  |
| |  Letter  | |
| |          | |
| |          | |