Re: [evince] The missing menu bar

Germán Póo-Caamaño <gpoo gnome org> writes:

On Sat, 2014-01-18 at 13:20 +0100, yggdrasil gmx co uk wrote:
Germán Póo-Caamaño <gpoo gnome org> writes:
I think my point is:

You assumed that a bug in your installation was made on purpose. Instead
of asking for that or reporting a bug, you preferred to spread the word
that was a decision of GNOME developers to change the mouse wheel
behaviour only for Evince.

Of corse not. You're not reading me right, deliberate or not. Apologies
if I was unclear. I mean that things change. Develop. Evolve. There is a
reason for that, surely. Just as surely as there's no conspiracy to maim
the mouse wheel by Evince developers. Probably it works for most. Maybe
even all but me. I would check this furhter if I had the time. I am
quite sure it's a corner case.

Please, report the bugs or ask whenever something stop working for you.
It could be a combination of factors that triggers a bug or a honest
mistake. And when you do that, please give as much as detail of the
steps to reproduce it.

I have done some basic testing and it appears to be the combination
stumpwm + evince that doesn't get along. I have a base F20
install. Running LXDE and evince, the mouse wheel works. Switching to
stumpwm + evince, the mouse wheel no longer scrolls. Only in evince
however, Okular, Firefox etc. is ok. Even the file chooser dialogue (when
opening a file) doesn't work from evince, but works from other
applications (scrolling with mouse wheel that is) (under stumpwm). In
the previous version of evince, there was no problem with the mouse
wheel, regardless of window manager.

To repeat:
1. Install Fedora 20
2. Install stumpwm 0.9.7.80
3. Open evince 3.10.3 and try scrolling with mouse wheel

I fail to see any change in the 3.10 branch that suggests a change on
the mousewheel behaviour.
https://git.gnome.org/browse/evince/log/?h=gnome-3-10

I don't remember which was the previous version evince I used. The
default for Fedora 17 anyhow. Maybe 3.4.0 [1]. I could try to downgrade,
but there's no option when doing
: yum downgrade evince
I guess there's no older package in the repos.

Footnotes:
[1]  https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/package-announce/2012-April/076906.html