Re: [evince] Problem when printing with Evince (2.32) at Win7.

Dear Rüdiger,

On Wed, Dec 10, 2014 at 12:01 PM, Rüdiger Kurth <ruediger kurth freenet de> wrote:
Hi,

Open/viewing any PDF files with Evince works properly for me.
But if I try to print them,
at some documents I only get empty (white) pages,
at other documents I only get a stamp-size content in a corner.
But never a correct print.

Is there something I can do to improve the situation (except replacing computer or OS)?

Printing the same PDF file with same printer driver via Acrobat Reader works properly.

I haven't similar problems with other applications.

I normally use MAY's eDocPrintPro printer driver to build JPG's from PDF files created by scanners.
Is there an possibly an incompatibility with Evince?

As pointed out, official binary for windows is super-old, version 2.32 and we are currently on 3.14 (means, 7 releases, or 3.5 years old)  I'd recommend that you use msys2 to install evince on windows. The instructions are as follows (hopefully I'll be able to construct an installer soon, but can't promise anything) (taken from Ignacio Casal's blog)

  • Install the latest version of msys2. You can get it from http://msys2.github.io/. Ensure to install it on a short directory path, i.e the default c:\msys64 should be fine. Highlight that this is msys2, which compared with the previous msys system this one is fast and well maintained.
  • Open the msys2_shell.bat that you can find in c:\msys64.
  • Update it by running: pacman -Syu. This will probably update msys2 so you will have to relaunch again the shell.
  • pacman -S mingw-w64-x86_64-evince
Then you can run evince 3.14.1 from windows!

Greetings

José

Best regards.
Ruediger Kurth