Re: [evince] Evince thumbnailer in specific folders

On Thu, 2014-12-11 at 02:06 -0800, Germán Poo-Caamaño wrote:
On Thu, 2014-12-11 at 11:33 +0200, andrei ceata org wrote:
Hello,

I'm using evince thumbnailer on a headless Ubuntu 14.04 server and the
thumbnails work in some folders but not in others. Here is a pastebin
with more details.

http://pastebin.com/DjJE6ZMz

Do you have any clue why does this happen? How can I fix this or how can
I troubleshoot this.

Did you check the permissions of both output directories (and the full
tree)?

In addition, it seems evince-thumbnailer fails silently when it cannot
save the PNG.  See:
https://git.gnome.org/browse/evince/tree/thumbnailer/evince-thumbnailer.c#n185

You can file a bug, and if you feel inclined, submit a patch :-)
Although, there might be a reason to fail silently.  Not clear in:
https://git.gnome.org/browse/evince/commit/thumbnailer/evince-thumbnailer.c?id=d60348a1

That said, a quick way to figure it out would be:

$ evince-thumbnailer /path/to/pdf/file.pdf /tmp/foo.png && \
  mv foo.png /var/lib/.../myproject && echo "true"

mv will complain.

--
Germán Poo-Caamaño
http://calcifer.org/