Re: [evince] Epub support

On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 09:08:38AM +0100, jose aliste gmail com wrote:
> David,
> yes it would be great. Patches are welcomed! There are no so many people
> working on Evince and most of the efforts are done to improve support for
> PDF, which is still not great (for instance, evince is not really useful on
> complex forms)

I made a try some time ago [1], but it's difficult to paginate and render
epub inside evince, so it's not working very well. First I tried to
put a webkit inside evince to render, but I've problems with threads
and other stuff so I decided to try to render only text directly with
cairo and pango. I defined a page size and try to cut the text from
the book in pages, but this version is slow and poorly rendered and I
don't spent more time in this.

Maybe if I find a good aproximation I'll try to do it, but currently I
don't know how to do it in a good way.

[1] https://github.com/danigm/evince/commit/c038dd7151c15f3c5526f496c55d44dadc4a4fbd
[2] https://github.com/danigm/libgepub

--