Re: [evince] Epub support

On Wed, Nov 14, 2012 at 10:07:58AM +0530, R Adhikary wrote:
> Will future versions of evince have Epub support? Epub is a free
> format and it's usage keeps on increasing. Isn't it time for evince
> to support the format? Other than this, I find evince extremely
> fast, stable and intuitive.

I started to work in this, but I didn't go anywere. I started a new
project called libgepub [1] to easy read epub with glib, but when I
tried to integrate webkit page rendering with evince I had some thread
problems, so I didn't try again.

By the way, currently in libgepub we can get only the text, and it's
easy to get images too, so it wont be hard to make an evince backend
that renders epubs with cairo.

[1] https://github.com/danigm/libgepub

--
Daniel Garcia 0034 668 810 742