Re: [evince] Document Viewer Error

Hi,

On Fri, Oct 21, 2011 at 8:01 AM, Torquil Macdonald Sørensen
<torquil gmail com> wrote:
> On 20/10/11 04:47, Adam Bottomley wrote:
>>
>> Document Viewer 2.32.0
>> Ubuntu 11-04-14
>>
>> I like your document viewer but I have noticed an error it makes in
>> reading PDF
>> files.
>> On my system it is giving me a capital greek upsilon (curly Y) when it
>> should
>> give a degree symbol in equations in a chemistry article.

This seems either like a bug in Poppler, or, most probably that the
PDF you are viewing has some fonts that are NOT embedded, and
fontconfig is giving you bad replacements for it, so please file a bug
to bugzilla.gnome.org attach a sample pdf so this does not get on the
list. (if it is a poppler bug, I will forward it upstream)

Greetings

José