Re: [evince] Evince Windows XP Assertion Failed

This is my observation.  The bare minimum set of fonts that Window XP embedded requires you to have are:
- Microsoft San Serif
- Tahoma
- Tahoma Bold
- Western Europe Font Substitute
- Marlett
- VGA OEM
- EGA

I do not know what other Windows embedded products require for minimum fonts sets.  Windows 7 embedded may do something different.

I agree that a library should not assert.  I looks like Poppler looks first for the desired font, then looks for an alternate, then assert.  Rather than assert, it should look fall back to some very basic font.  Maybe it should get the list of installed fonts and just use one, no matter how ugly.

Regards.
Mark K Vallevand   Mark Vallevand Unisys com <mailto:Mark Vallevand Unisys com>