This may not sound very logical, but changing the number/date notation in the language settings from Dutch to English changes Evince's language for me (on Vista).
There is probably some environment variable connected to this, LANG or LC_ALL, I am not sure.

Hib

On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 2:36 PM, Leo Niehorster <leo_niehorster yahoo com> wrote:
Hello Hib,
Have changed the language display; reinstalled Evince: still in German.

Basically, not a big issue, just wondered how it is suposed to be done as I prefer English. (Sorry, should have mentioned I have Windows XP professional.)

Cheers
Leo

- - - - -
Information not passed on is lost.
http://niehorster.orbat.com/index.htm

--- On Thu, 3/3/11, Hib Eris <hib hiberis nl> wrote:

From: Hib Eris <hib hiberis nl>
Subject: Re: [evince] Evince 2.30.3
To: "Leo Niehorster" <leo_niehorster yahoo com>
Cc: evince-list gnome org
Date: Thursday, 3 March, 2011, 14:18

Hi Leo,

On Thu, Mar 3, 2011 at 10:39 AM, Leo Niehorster <leo_niehorster yahoo com> wrote:
Greetings,
I have installed the Evince Document Viewer several times, but cannot get it to display in English (rather, it now it default installs in German). Where can this be changed?

(Have some programming skills.)

Many thanks for your time and attention.
Leo Niehorster

If everything works as it should, then Evince uses the language that is set by your operating system. When you change the Display Language setting of Windows (in the control panel), Evince should start up in the selected language. For changing the Display Language, see http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows-vista/Change-the-display-language

Please report back here if this works for you.

Cheers,

Hib