[evince] problems with specific filename

Hello everyone,

I've posted this in the IRC channel, but got no answer, so i try it this
way:

I tried the following in my home directory:

$ echo "test" | a2ps -o .bashthis
$ evince .bashthis

Then evince opens with a big red bar saying:
Dokument konnte nicht geöffnet werden
Fehler beim Öffnen der Datei: Keine Berechtigung

meaning something like:
Document could not be opened
error while opening the file: no authorization

The interesting part is: The problem only occurs if i'm in my home
folder and the filename starts with ".bash". gv opens the file without
any problems.

When i try this (notice the missing h in "bash"):

$ echo "test" | a2ps -o .basthis
$ evince .basthis

it also works fine.
So ... what problem does evince have with files in my homedirectory
beginning with ".bash"?

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you.

Best wishes,