Re: [evince] Printing in Windows

Hi Thomas,

Thank you very much for your interest in Evince (for Windows).

On Mon, Jun 6, 2011 at 10:04 AM,  <Thomas Ball bwb de> wrote:
> We like your viewer very much, but now we are disapointed by finding out,
> that evince can't print under windows, nor save files.
> Is there any work around or solution to that problem? When will you include
> printing and saving?

About saving files: I just tried to save a file copy with Evince 2.32
on Windows and it worked without a problem for me. Are you talking
about saving user input from forms or anyfhing like that?

About printing: for me PDF printing works on the printers that I
tried, but there are quite some reports that printing does not work on
all printers and or on all documents. It is a part of Evince for
Windows (or GTK+) that apparently needs more work. I have not looked
into that in detail yet.
Printing other documents than PDF (like tiff, postscript) is currently
not implemented on Windows.

> Would you need money to get the work done?

That would certainly help me to be able to spend more time on the
windows port of Evince. If you would like to sponsor me for the
development of specific features, you can contact me directly.

Kind regards,

Hib Eris