[evince] Scroll bars color customisation - how to remove (or darken)?

Hi all,

As the headline, how to remove the Evince scroll-bars, and possibly also
top menus? Alternatively, how to darken the scroll-bars altogether. Usage case
described below.

I am an enthusiastic user of C-I for inverting colors in Evince to get a
nice black backgroud for my pdf documents. Many times I run a split
screen with emacs/shell in parallell to test examples/take notes. Now,
the evince scroll-bars are broad bright dividers of the screen, not
terribly intrusive but would be nice to remove/darken.

This obsession of a minimalist and unobtrusive interface became
aggravated after I started using stumpwm as tiling window manager, and
it would be awesome to be able to streamline Evince into this obsession!

Thanks for any help!

--
Johnny