Re: [evince] Hi

El lun, 04-04-2011 a las 15:29 +0200, Ulrich Stefenelli escribió:
> Hi all,
>
> thank you for this excellent PDF-Viewer.
> I enjoy it very much though having some troubles with the start-up of
> the application.
> It has a long delay (40 - 60 seconds) until it pops up under Window 7,
> which is not the case if I deactivate my firewall,
> any ideas, why this is the case?

Ulrich,

No idea what your problem is. It seems you need to add a rule in the
firewall. By default the Windows 7 firewall blocks connections to
programs that are not on the list of allowed programs.

Also checking the firewall log could give a idea of what's blocking
evince.

An entry point about the W7 firewall:
http://www.windowsecurity.com/articles/Whats-new-Windows-7-Firewall.html

Sorry for not giving a more helpful answer,

  -- Juanjo Marin