Re: evince Origin of the project and the motivation to develop it

On Thu, 2010-11-25 at 14:44 -0500, Rodrigo Tufiño wrote:
> Hi everybody
>
> First, congratulations on the great work they do with Evience
>
> I'm doing a research on Evience for my studies, I need to know "what
> was the origin of the project and the motivation to develop it."
>
> thanks for your help.

hola Rodrigo,

from Evince FAQ:

Q: Why Evince, what happened to Gpdf?
A: Evince is essentially a fork of Gpdf that took place back in late
December of 2004. It was originally a quick team hack project by one of
the original [MartinKretzschmar Gpdf developers] along with many people
from the Red Hat Desktop team. For more information about this, check
out
http://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2005-March/msg00035.html

through the years, Evince supports more formats than PDF.

Cheers,

   -- Juanjo Marin