Re: evince read file with an other extension

On Tue, 2010-11-02 at 17:11 -0400, Mathieu Gagnon wrote:
> Hi

Hi Mathiu

> first of all, evince is very nice !!  tank you for your good job!

I think so :)

>  have a little bug with evince : When I go to my bank's website, and
> go to see my statement they send a pdf file with a different extension
> ( .do )  If y rename it, evince can read it without problem but
> without the good extension , it can't be read.
>
> If evince could try to find the file type (at least with
> "file" (usually available in linux distros)) before said than it's not
> a supported file type.

In fact Evince already does this with the help of share-mime-info. Do
you have Evince installed from source or from a package of your distro ?

cheers,

  -- Juanjo

PS: There is problem with jhbuild that it doesn't compile
share-mime-info, in case you build from source with jhbuild.