Re: open file in specific page number

On Thu, Mar 4, 2010 at 10:40 AM, Juanjo Marin <juanjomarin96 yahoo es> wrote:
> Hi D M German,
>
> On Thu, 2010-03-04 at 04:05 -0800, D M German wrote:
>> I'd like to suggest a feature. Would it be possible to have a command
>> line option to open a file in a specific page number (absolute based,
>> not label based)?
>
> Just a question: What's the benefit of this feature compared with the
>
> -p, --page-label=PAGE           The page of the document to display.
>
> option implemented ?

Some documents renumber pages. For example, the first pages might be
numbered in Roman, while the latter ones in a
Arabic  numbers.

Say I want to open it exactly in page 30, then it actually opens it in
page 41 (because the first 10 pages are in Roman numberals).

Sometimes it is useful to use labels, but sometimes it is useful to
use absolute page numbers.

--dmg

--
--dmg