New poppler

Hello,

    I asked this to the poppler people and they told me to ask you guys.  I am using gNewsense 2.3 (it is a distro based on Ubuntu Hardy)  There is a bug fix in the newer poppler (newer than .12.4  I believe) that allows me to properly view a type of pdf that they use at my job.

   I compiled a new poppler and it appeared to install properly, but my evince (2.22.1.1) still uses the old poppler.   Is there a way to tell evince to use the new poppler that I installed?

   Also is it even possible for 2.22.1.1 to use this new poppler?   I attempted to compile from source a newer version of evince, but I couldn't meet all the dependencies.  I know that it is an old distro, but Lenny is still using that version of evince I believe.

  Any help would be much appreciated.

Sincerely,

Steven